My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kensington Market

I got hauled into a Jamaican pot shop by a scary Jamaican today. He didn't literally grab me and make me go into his store against my will; he started by telling me he had some good lotion (which was shea butter) to let me try.

Why? I don't know.

He was friendly. I didn't buy anything, kinda wanted to get the hell out. I didn't want to act offended either b/c god knows how that would go. Overall he was nice but i'm not sure why he selected me to come in and sample his marvel lotion above all the other 100's of people wandering the street.

In our short convo he told me shea butter helps the skin, that it comes in block form, and he put his hands close together and informed me that i was small.

He musta been smokin' a lot today.

Kensignton Market was good. Dad and I walked from our place. Or rather, i walked in a fast waddle b/c my shins and feet are sore. For those who don't know - and i'm not an expert - Kensignton Market is a huge market in downtown Toronto that houses lots of....random...shops, but mainly market shops for fruits and veggies, clothes, some cafes and the like. Reminds me of Sauble Beach in many ways. It's fun, and it's great to experience if you're ever around! I ended up buying 2 bags of organic nachos, strawberries, kiwis, oranges, and some nuts.

Feeling good! Sternum is a little sore/iffy feeling tonight. Not sure if it's coz i've been sitting for a while or if i've done too much with my arms? Either way, I'm off to bed soon for some proper sleep! I have my weekly x-ray at 8am, and then physio at 9am and then i'm done! HOME TIME WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! PFTs were up to 55% today as well. YAY! Hope they're higher next week!:)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Know what's so awesome? Now your labels say POST-TX!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sounds like a fabulous market and a totally stoned Jamaican LOL!!!

Jess said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm glad things keep getting better and better.

I am going to have to check out Kensington Market next time I'm near Toronto. I think I've been there but I must have missed out on the crazy high Jamaicans.

Megan said...

Heh, when people tell me I'm small, I never know whether to hit them or laugh. It's like people are having a 'state the obvious' contest sometimes.

Another good way to react (in my opinion) is heavy sarcasm. And lots of it :) Xx

Unknown said...

Really very nice article .Sure glad that I navigated to your page by accident.I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!!
Physio Kensington