My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, October 18, 2010

GAH!

AND AH!

I'M SO EXCITED!

Usually I fucking hate winter. From Nov-Feb all you hear is me complain about how much I hate it, and how miserable I am, and when the hell will it warm up, and I want the snow to die, and yada yada yada, but this year my friends, I am excited.

Why you ask? BECAUSE I'M GOING TO TAKE UP CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING. Which means I have to buy snowpants. Which excites me.

Like these ones:
http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4292741

Debating between the purple or the yellow.

Also, i will need said snowpants for dog walking, since I won't be doing myself any favours by walking dogs in -10*C weather some days, when I'll just be wanting to be inside because I'm at risk of freezing my legs off.

SO weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! This also means I'll have to acquire a pair of cross-country skiis. I'll go with used, since I'm not a pro. I'm just excited to be doing something. Frigging god I love being active.

I have a distinctive memory as a kid of looking out our front window in the middle of a snowstorm and seeing people cross-country skiing down the street. The snow was so bright that outside looked pink and everything was glowing. All i remember thinking was how fun it looked and how much I wanted to try. Well, now that I'm well I'm going to do it. I will NOT hate this winter. I will keep active. I will find enjoyment in it the way a true Canadian should!

*beams with unnecessary barf-worthy pride*

Um what the hell else?

OH YES: i've decided on a thing to do for the WTG!!!!!!!!!!!! The 3K walk. Alice will be doing it, so there is no need for me to not out-walk her. And push her off the course and into the Swedish bush.

I think that's it.

1 comment:

Alice Vogt said...

Hahahaha, now we need to get Eve to join us in the walk... but she's tall so she'll out-walk both of us :-( You should also consider tenpin bowling or something else to do for fun! I'm doing long jump for fun... like running and jumping into the sand!