My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What are you?

Have you ever wondered what you are?

What your purpose is?

You know you are not insignificant, right? I hope so, because everyone has a purpose on this earth, whether they feel like they do or not. Otherwise, why would we be here?

I was wondering this exact sentiment the other day when I pulled up to one of my dog-clients house. What is my purpose? I asked myself. What AM I?

And it came to me as quickly as a thought: I am a healer. I am meant to be here on this earth to heal people. Whether it be with words, through touch, or food, whether it be people, especially the sick, or animals, I am meant to heal them. I am meant to mother them.

Not in the biologicial sense. I will never have kids of my own, and that's ok, but that doesn't mean that I can't be a mother to other things, like animals, and sick people, who can't get that material healing from their own, or if they need additional love through words and such, I can be the one to give it to them - to help them heal, and deal with whatever ails them.

Does that make sense? Maybe I am psychotic, I don't know. Maybe I think too much. But it makes me feel better to realize what my purpose on this earth is. Especially long term. I can't see myself sitting in an office for 30+ years. I like to move around too much, have small adventures. I like to tell my story and narrarate along the way.

I will not be pointless. I will be significant. I will make an impact.

That's my purpose.

No comments: