My Double Lung Transplant

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beautiful Creature



This morning at 9:30 am PST, Eva passed away.

She was 25.

March 31st would've been her 26th birthday.

Her second transplant didn't come in time. And now she is gone.

This beautiful creature has crawled out of our world and hopefully into a better one, where pain and breathing are not an issue. My only hope is that she is in a better place where she can watch over her family and her friends, and those she loved so much.

My only hope is that the prayers of those she inspired are heard and felt by her family and friends in their time of grief.

My only hope is that things that this don't continue to happen.

My only hope is that people sign their organ donor cards.

To Eva: you are an inspiration. You will be missed by one and all and your journal will be a source of strength to those going through the same thing. For those - like myself - who have been there, and those who will be there, and those who are there in this very minute.

You may be gone, but you are never forgotten.

Fare thee well, beautiful creature. Your final curtain call has come.

You are missed.

Breathe easy girl, breathe easy.


Love love love.


3 comments:

Jess said...

My solace is also that she is no longer having trouble breathing, no more suffering. She is a wonderful person who is already so missed.

Meghann "Former Queen of the O2 People" said...

I will really miss her. She was such a great person and inspired so many people with her thoughts and experiences. She will truly be missed. Her beautiful spirit will live on.

Princess Jess said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Breathe easy cyster.