My Double Lung Transplant

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kind of don't wanna move - ever.

I’ve had a fulfilling last 2 days. While I haven’t done much by normal people standards, i’ve done quite a bit for someone in my situation – with 21% lung function.

The weather has been fab – it actually feels like summer around here and I love it.

Accomplishment #1: i’ve logged 20 hours in the sleep department since Friday, sleeping a solid 10 hours each night, straight through. Fell asleep Thurs night at 11:45-9:45 am, missed rehab. Thursday i galavanted around the city with Krystal tracking down a book for someone else. First was Macondo’s, who didn’t have it, so we went to Chapters and i located it. This took about 3 hours, and it was very hot. Not a lot of walking but it still exhausted me. I went to bed around 11:30 lastnight and woke up at 10am. Go me.

Today I woke up and promptly made peanut butter rice krispie squares (with chocolate melted on top!) b/c i’m having the girlies over for a girls night. I did dishes, showered, did meds, then cavorted with Jennana around the city. She had errands but i waited in the car. We went to K-town and I bought a book i’ve been ogling over for the last day. We came back to our city, ran a few more errands, and i am honest when i say i am fucking exhausted. I kind of don’t want to move for a very, very long time. Maybe not ever, maybe i will just melt into the couch and let it consume me instead. I’m ok with that.


I still have to make salsa and feed all the pets, who are doing their best to act like needy little bastards and bothering me to give them sustenance. 3 dogs – 2 who need meds -, 2 cats who get fed in the basement, then i must go UP stairs and do Tobi and la la la. The rest of the fam are at 2 separate weddings.

Then i pick up Jenna and Krystal and a bag of nachos.

Oh couch, consume me.

Maybe not, coz if you consume me i will be bored.

I am looking forward to a girls night!

Ok, must go feed pets. Their ability to annoy people to the utmost capacity is quite impressive.

**EDIT**
My dog just thew up his supper in the runner of the sliding door.

Wonderful. Oddly enough, I find myself marvelling at their shamelessness in consuming their own vomit. Disgusted however, when they turn it into a team effort...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow you are having an awesome time it seems...more so than me LOL I want those rice krispie squares that sound oh so effin yummy!!! Dam me for reading about them on my fasting day!!!

Miss you lots!!!! <3