My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, April 2, 2009

More antibiotics?!?!

FUCK MY LIFE

I just received a call from my co-ordinator at TGH, and I've got some new introductions to make. So excuse me:

Bronchiectasis, meet pneumonia.
Pneumonia, meet pleurisy.
Pleurisy, meet asperguillus.
Asperguillus, meet anti-fungal that will destroy you. But please antifungal, do not destroy or hurt my liver the way the co-ordinator told me you had the potential to do.

As you can see, I'm a little upset. I want to cry, I want to break things, but i don't have the energy to do either. There is a simple solution for these problems my friends, and it's called GIVE ME MY DAMN TRANSPLANT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was slightly upset to begin with, and I got my new compressor today and it's grey. I would've liked another colour but hey, you can't pick and choose.

So here i sit, riddled with pneumonia, pleurisy, and asperguillus. I know the last one isn't bad but jesus christ people, when is enough enough?!

And Meghan, my knees still snap:( They hate me:(

1 comment:

3-Putt said...

Hi Bree,
It's been a long time but I have kept up to date from a distance.

Sorry for your trials and tribulations. I probably should say something irrelevant about how it all builds character, or how God never gives you more than you handle, etc. but what the hell do I know? You are going through it not me. Yes, we have a little in common. You need a lung transplant and I already had a heart transplant (6/13/06).

I only waited a few weeks on "the list". All because the heart pump they installed to keep me viable until a heart became available was infected and was rotting my body from the inside out.

All of that is behind me now and I am doing extremely well. The transplant ceneter says I am the poster child of heart transplants.

I went back to work quickly after fighting my company. They said all the right things when they thought there was no way someone could return to work after a heart transplant. But when they realized I was wanting to return, the story changed.

Through all of this I think I learned 1 thing:
Almost dying changes nothing. Death changes the whole picture.

I have the same problems as before plus a few more.

Sometimes good intentioned folks will say "After everything you've been through this (issue) must seem like nothing".

Well guess what? Unless I totally don't give a shit about anything this (issue) seems like more than nothing. Otherwise, it would not be an issue to begin with.

Don't get me wrong there is still a lot of good.

After all, I'm 48 and living "the dream" every day. The alternative isn't very appealing.

Stay strong Bree.
You are my favorite Canadien.

Tom Cron