My Double Lung Transplant

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pneumonia, meet Pleurisy

Pleurisy, meet pneumonia. Pleurisy and pneumonia, meet Bronchiectasis. Bronchiectasis, have yourself a merry little Christmas.

I woke up today feeling slightly better. I was coughing but it wasn't wet and infectious sounding. There was minimal pain and i felt like i could do things today.

I told my dad at lunch that i thought i was starting to feel better, and that i didn't have any pain...and then 10 minutes lady, i suddenly felt like i had heartburn in my front upper lobes and was forced to take a motrin (which is proving not to be enough).

Clearly, I spoke a little early. Since that time the pain has skyrocketted. It hurts to move my arms and to sit straight, because sitting straight would require my chest to stick out and quite frankly, that fucking hurts. When i do that, my lungs feel like they are pulling away from the wall of my chest.

Joy to the world. Joy, joy joy. I guess you can't just have pneumonia, no, pleurisy wanted to come along and play as well. Why have one and not the other? Why not spread the misery and have a partner in crime. Gah. Oh well.

When i was driving to rehab this aft (they sent me home coz i didn't look good), i realized that i'm kind of happy i have this pain, b/c i know that soon i will have this pain, but it won't be because i'm sick: it will be because i'm healing:)

It will be soon!!

4 comments:

It's Her said...

Don't worry, you shouldn't have any pain like that when recovering!!!

By the way, if you feel pain in your back or your front, like air pain (more discomfort than pleural pain) - is that a sign of heartburn?? Cas many times I've got reflux, it goes away but is followed by chest pains- didn't realise it could be related! xx

Tara said...

Hi Bree,

I still keep up with your blog every single day. I'm sorry you're in so much pain today, but like you said, not for long! And I truly believe your tx is around the corner. It just has to be so you can start LIVING again! I'm looking forward to those blog posts!

Amy said...

Soon my love soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meghann "Former Queen of the O2 People" said...

Keep on Keepin' on!!! Our day will come!!!