My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, February 2, 2009

And Cipro makes 4

So i'm sick again.

I woke up to the phone ringing. It was TGH, saying they had scheduled and echocardiogram for this Thurs. I was shocked, as I had no idea i had one at all. I rang them up and told them this and they said, "Oh we just made it today." I informed them that this Thurs didn't suit me and was fortunate to get it switched to this Weds instead so that's good.

I've been very out of breath today, and it has nothing to do with Tobi. I've been on Tobi for 15 days now so it shouldn't be crippling me. The best indication to me of my dying lungs was when i sat on the floor to put my runners on, and I was so out of breath I thought I would explode. Talk about being kicked when you're already down, eh? I also noticed that I have been coughing up some more lung goo than usual, and considering the fact that I am already on Septra, and Zithro, and now Tobi (all antibiotics), and i'm MORE productive, i figured i was sick and rang up my co-ordinator at TGH and she said i need to go on Cipro so that makes 4.

Another annoyance is this damn floating pain in my lung, which I've determined isn't pleusiry, but rather is attributed to a floating ball of goo. Said ball of goo is most likely a mucus plug but it's easier for me to envision it as a ball of goo instead, just floating around aimlessly which I'm sure it doesn't do. Either way, i'm trying to get it out, but am clearly not trying hard enough if i'm sitting here bitching about it.

So that's how today's been. It was goregous out today (did I say that?), clear sky, sunny, +3*C, and I didn't wear mitts or need to turn the heat on in the car! YAY!

1 comment:

Meghann "Former Queen of the O2 People" said...

dont you love floating balls of goo? lol