My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tx listing process update

So I spent all day at rehab getting my ass kicked, which is fine b/c at least i'm tired b/c i did something. We were in the pool for a solid hour and i'm really feeling it. When we first went in my sats were 70% on 3L of O2 and my pulse was 114 or something. Once we got moving and the sat lady came again, my sats were 86% on 3 L of O2 and h/r was 117. Then after I was 91 so.....blah.

I am exhausted but it's cool.

I came home and there was a msg on the phone for me. It was from the tx center and I was informed that the pager would be sent to me free of charge by courier, so it should come soon, and that an appt will be made for next week to go back down, sign the papers and meet with the surgeon. I was very excited. The tx co-ordinator seemed happy to hear from me which was grand.

On Thurs the O2 company will hopefully rememebr to come over to my house and switch me to liquid, b/c I've run out of portable O2. Oh well.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What else? My lungs hurt today - and I'm kind of worried that I may get a bleed or something but we'll have to see how that plays out I guess!

That's it for now. if i didn't feel like i was going to sink into the ground I'd write a little more but i can't, sorry.

Tres tired.

1 comment:

Alice Vogt said...

Wow, it's exciting all the things happening!!! I didn't get a pager, just had to keep my mobile phone with me all the time! The rehab sounds cool! Don't have anything like that here...