My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, November 12, 2007

More Transplanty Stuff

Welp, today TGH called saying they had sent off a request to Sick Kids to the immunologist (who just so happens to already be MY immunologist) for transplanty stuff. I need to meet with them pre-tx to discuss the immune system thingy and anti-rejection drugs and yadda yadda yadda. Everyone going for transplant HAS to do this. I am just lucky that I am already 'in' with these people b/c I am extra special and bing bang boom I am off to Sick Kids on Weds to get blood taken for my T-Cell work up so they can send it off to Transplant Land. Brenda (my life-long nurse) called today saying the appt was set up and that i should get it done NOW as it takes 2-3 weeks for the results to come and by the time eval rolls around they will be here.


Whew! That's an earful and a fingerful. I can't beleive i wrote that much in one sentence. Anyways I woke up today and finished my paper, went to hand it in and spoke to my prof who failed my in my anthro midterm by 2 marks. She said to honestly not worry about it, that if i'm handing in everything else's that's required I should be good. I told her about my transplant and she cried, "oh no!' and said at the end of the course if i've done really shitty she'll take it into special consideration. Or maybe regardless of how I do, she'll take it into special consideration. I can't remember....

That's about it honestly. It was mild and foggy today....I am giving myself the night off and watching TV instead.

That's all for now cats and dogs,
Laters.

No comments: