My Double Lung Transplant

Friday, November 2, 2007

Gutted

I am here with sad news. On Oct, 31, 2007, someone I have only spoken to a couple of times passed away. His name was Mike and he had CF. He was transplanted May 22, 2007 and was definately living his life to the fullest. He was amongst a handful of people I speak to who had lung transplants this year.

To say that I am shocked and gutted is putting it mildly. I was initially informed of this last night from my friend Kayla, but I never put two and two together until I officially read it over at The Board.

Mike, I don't know what to say. We never spoke directly but i followed your caringbridge blog and i posted a lot, cheering you on during your tx recovery. I followed along with everyone the day you were transplanted, as we waited for the good news that all was well and that your time to begin living life had finally come. Too bad it was cut short.

You were an inspiration, and a wonderful human being. I can only hope and pray that wherever you are now, you are safe from pain and harm, and that you're watching over Katy.

Breathe easy, Mike.

No comments: