My Double Lung Transplant

Friday, November 30, 2007

Don't Go Away...You Might Just Blow Away...

It's time for me to blog blog. It's been a while.

What have I been doing, you ask? Well first, I need the attention of the classroom for formally announce that I'M DONE SCHOOL FOR THE SEMESTER! Fucken right, children, classes finished for me yesterday (the university finishes today b/c i don't have classes Friday's) so je suis tres excited. I have 2 take home exams due Monday, and then 2 others the week after but that's ok.

I worked like a mad-woman Tues and Weds night scrambling to write a 2000 word paper. Not much, but when the internet has little to no sources on Max Weber you can't help but feel a little more than fucked. I put it together, it's done, finished, handed in, and I feel free now....like an animal out of a cage.

Firstly, I must say that I am very happy with myself for sticking out this insane semester. With my lungs going to hell and all, I wasn't quite sure if I could do it, but low and behold I did, and that's just fucking awesome. Go me go!

In transplant news, the hospital called the other day notifying me that my hotel has been set-up for my evaluation! Yippee! How exciting! My dad and I will drive down on Sunday the 16th and come home some time Thurs afternoon. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I suggested, now that we have the car (since we figured we'd just take the bus - why I don't know) that we go to the DINOSAUR MUSEUM! *screams everywhere*. If you don't know me, then you won't know that i absolutely, positively, love love love love love dinosaurs. I always have; i always will - and fuck you if you think that's childish or stupid, i find them incredibly interesting. Anywho, Krystal informed me that TO doesn't actually have a Dino museum, but the ROM does - so to the ROM we shall go! WOO HOO! The ROM (for those of you who dont know) is a giant museum that's got lots of stuff. I know that's not too descriptive but honestly, I havent been there since grade 2 and i'm sure a lot has changed in the 15 years since my last visit.

So all I need to do is call and set up O2 which I was supposed to do today but failed to, b/c I went out to lunch with my ladies minus 1 (since Tar-ra-ra is still in PoPo)It's a snowy windy as hell day out again and I drove to school b/c i was afraid i'd be blown away - again.

Completely off-track, up here we joke that Canada has 2 seasons: winter and construction. Well, I'm here to petition, that maybe Canada has 3 seasons: winter, construction, and wind. You may recall in my first entry for September I commented on how as soon as fall comes, it's suddenly windy all the time. Well this week it's been a virtual tornado. It's cool....but it's not good when you're having an awesome hair day.

I should also mention in the last week we've caught 2 mice under our sink! AHH! The first one was caught Tues night, when I had a complete break down and cried and was frustrated with school and shitty lungs and my broken nebulizer and blah blah blah. So anyways, i was in the bathroom washing my face when i decided to look under the sink. There in teh trap was a mouse, caught on the head. I was sure it was dead. But when i went to close the sink it started thrashing around and screaming. It's belly was swollen and it was breathing heavily.

Shit. Do i leave it to die, where at least it will be warm? Or do I let it go outside where it will freeze and die? Well I decided to let it go, so I covered it and the trap in a towel, picked it up and took it to the deck. It was almost 2 in the morning and -10*C outside, but I didn't feel it. Poor thing kept thrashing around and moving the trap, probably hurting itself more. I was yelling and swearing. Finally, i got the trap out and had prepared myself to scream and jump as it scurried away, but instead, it rolled over and died:(

Just like that.

It fought and fought for 45 minutes to live, and I tried my hardest to free it so it could live - and breathe - and i saw it take it's last breath, and die:(

I went inside and cried and cried and cried. It may only be a rodent, but still....it was sad.

Anyways, that's it. Here's a pic from my excursion at lunch with the Ladies today. This pic is meant to demonstrate how i spilt the entire thing I had. I think red makes me look fat:

1 comment:

3-Putt said...

Hi Bree,
Instead of thinking red makes you look fat maybe you should think of it as making you look substantial!!

Tom Cron