My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lots of stuff

Ok firstly: HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KRYSTAL! Let me echo Katey when i say, "Thank you for being born." Tonight was a lot of fun and i look fwd to Sat! I am glad it was another scorching hot 30*C degree day to boot! WOO!

Tomorrow is a busy day for moi. Let me start by announcing what i need to do:

1) Go for gamma infusion

2) Pick up new vial of HTS

3) Pay visit to RT

4) Pick up new nebulizer while at RTs office and;

5) Inquire about getting a new O2 'thingy'.

You are probably wondering what i mean by O2 'thingy' and I am quite curious myself. This 'thingy' goes at the top of the other 'thingy' on the oxygen tank (the silver part much like the needle at the top of the CN Tower). This 'thingy' attaches to another 'thingy', and this 'other thingy' is the one i want replaced. The second 'thingy' is how you turn the O2 on. Well, mine is pretty medeval and weighs a ton which accounts for half the wait of my bag when i haul it around. I have seen pics of new 'thingys' and will inquire about this tomorrow. I would love to get a new 'thingy' to replace the old 'thingy' as it would make my life much easier, modern, and quite frankly, lighter. If my wish is granted and i am lucky enough to receive a new 'thingy', i will grace you all and post a picture of it.

What else what else what else? The other night i had the 'pleasure' of helping my dad haul a water heater down to the basement, after we were lucky enough to have ours burst in the middle of the night. I was the only one home (my sister was but she doesn't really help much sometimes) and i hate the thought of my dad struggling to move this monster by himself, so i offered to help.

Holy heaviness to say the least. I was under the impression that this water heater would just be the plastic shell - not the whole thing! But once again i proved myself wrong and it was actually the whole thing! I saw my life flash before my eyes when i had a vision of the water heater collapsing on my chest and crushing me underneath. Alas, that did not happen and the only injuries i sustained was having my hand squished against the wall when i helped move it down the stairs. I was very out of breathe and thought my chest would explode but that didn't not happen...though i kind of wish it did as it would have releived a lot of pressure!

Anywho, that's all for now. I am off and will update tomorrow about my numerous appts....

Wait. Before i go, i must send another msg to Rosie. Rosie was pretty much abused by her doctor the other day when they struggled and fought to find a vien in her weak little arms. Eventually when they found one, they left quite the mess. I have seen photographic evidence and she's got about a 10 inch long bruise on her arm from the ordeal(s) and a nice red splotch where the IV needle went in. One time, when my nurse Arlene came back from being on leave from Carpel Tunnel surgery, i had the pleasure of being her 'first' IV post-surgery.

I will never forget the smile on her face as she grabbed the IV needle and pointed it towards my arm and proclaimed, "You'll have to excuse me, I'm a little shakey today...."

No comments: