My Double Lung Transplant

Friday, August 17, 2007

Oxygen

No facny schmancy title here, just some thoughts that have been accumulating in le brain. Everyday the fact that i have trouble walking from A to B gets more profound, more difficult, and gives me all the more reason to stay put. Every time i get out of breath it feels worse, lasts longer, and feels more intense. Everyday, I get add one more thing to the list of things that leave me breathless or feeling faint.

I am really beginning to dread walking up the stairs. I am to the point where i stop halfway up to catch my breath. Even running down the stairs now makes me tired. I don't sit on the couch; i throw myself down and am happy to not be moving. Walking and talking isn't a welcomed package b/c I can't do both at the same time. Picking up speed as i walk is a no go b/c even the slightest fast movement makes me feel like my legs are going go out from under me. It sucks and I hate it.

I am just really scared for how I will manage to navigate campus in the fall that's all. Ugh, i hate this!

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Bree,

I've been trying to contact you via IM and don't seem to be getting you - any other way to connect?