My Double Lung Transplant

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Zithromax Horror

Talk about goo. I don't really know what i mean by that, but I know that i have the word 'goo' in my head and I had to say it. So there it is.

Anywho, onto today's topic: Zithromax. Not entirely sure what this little drug does but i know it's an abx(antibiotic....note to self:must create sidebar for medical abbreviations). It is meant to decrease inflammation and at the same time it takes care of infections! A two-fer! WOW! A packaged deal! It's a red little pill that looks like a very tiny submarine, and it goes now nicely, unlike Septra which has powder and likes to get stuck in my throat. I began Zithro last week and have seem improvements. I don't really cough and the tightness in the middle is gone.

I don't like these improvements, they worry me.

I barely cough. Not that i enjoy coughing, b/c i don't. But now that i don't cough, it means all the stuff that i usually get out, stays in. I get SOB (short of breath, not son-of-a-bitch like it usually means) way easier, and my cough just sounds nasty nasty. It's all in my upper airways too and is just....ick. It's so thick and horrible. My HTS (hyertonic saline, nebulizer) does dick-all now for me. As well, since beginning Zithro the front of my throat is sore to touch. Around the base of my neck where my collarbone is, and up on either side of my vocal chords and right underneath my ears, especially under les ears. I'm going to have to take a Motrin for this. As well, i have had headaches for the last 2 days. I know the muscle soreness and headahces are side effects of Zithro, but it wasn't prescribed to me as just a course abx (meaning you take it for 2 weeks and that's it). I was given it to take 'forever'. However, my doc told me that if i like the drug to keep taking it, and if not, i can discontinue and it won't do anything. I think after i'm done this run i will not continue it.

What else? I went and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix last night! WHOA - POTTER GOT HOT! I think everyone got hot actually. I'm ectatic for the book to come out Sunday too. WOO HOO! Finally, a good summer read again, eh!

I don't have much else to add right now. May add more later. Must go now. Lunch. Yum.

No comments: