My Double Lung Transplant

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Art of Sleep

Anyone who's respirologically challenged (yup that's right, i coined it) will testify that sleep is pretty much equivalent to finding gold. If you're in a crowded mall and someone shouts out "SLEEP!" we're most likely to be the only people who get huge smiles on our faces b/c we just love it to much. Much like dogs begin begging if you say the word 'food' or 'supper', we beg if someone mutters 'sleep' b/c it's just so precious and sacred and quite frankly, we can never get enough b/c we're never actually rested.

One day i managed to sleep for 14 hours. Not to be rivaled to Robert, who has no breathing problems to speak of...he slept 15 hours solid once. My friend Lindsey told me she once slept for 16. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to sleep quite frankly, and it must be drawn out longer.

Naps aren't short intervals of unconsciousness. A nap for someone like us is an average night's sleep for regular people. Case in point, you wake up Saturday morning at 10am. You went to be at roughly 11pm. A short hour after being woken up, you're tired from doing small things and you inform people that you're going for a nap and will re-emerage in 7 hours at roughly 5pm. I'm not a napper...but once i did for 5 hours and it made me feel worse than i felt before.

I'm sitting here at 10:20am, tired beyond beleif. Due to my inability to shut up, i was on MSN until 10:45 last night. I woke up twice during the night. I am proud to announce that I actually brought some O2 with me to work! It is currently on the floor....but the fact that I brought it out is a big deal b/c it's sort of embarassing to be honest. I wore it to drive to work b/c driving to work so soon after waking up (When i'm still sleepy) is hard. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't contemplate pulling over and sleeping. Sometimes i honestly pray for red lights so i can just rest my eyes..even if it's for only 3 minutes. Oh well, blah blah.

Anywho, that's all for now. It's pretty smelly here in the office today...I wonder who it is...

No comments: