My Double Lung Transplant

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sinus for Sale

The last couple of days my sinuses have decided to be complete bastards to me, and as a result i end up spending half my day blowing my nose and it's completely disgusting. I sit here at my desk and blow, blow blow, and it doesn't stop. Today i finally decided to get up and go to the bathroom b/c it just sounded so disgusting. You know it's gross when you find your own stuff disgusting.

So i was blowing and blowing, and it was so offensive sounding. I thought, "Wow, i'm getting a lot out; finally!" and i looked and again it was just all blood. Yesterday before work ended I blew out a ton of blood from my left nostril, and i didn't see it splattered itself all across my chest. It was gross, so in order to avoid a similar incident today I went to the bathroom. When i got to the bathroom my sinuses decided they would clear themselves up. I was mad. I was frustrated. Not did i physically remove myself fromy beloved chair but i hauled my oxygen deprived self to the bathroom for nothing. I came back 3 minutes later (that's fast for me) and I sat down, and guess what happened? I felt a rush in my nose and my sinuses filled back up.

Needless to say, if anyone wants to adopt a new pair of sinuses, you know where to look.

I want to take this time to give a shout out to my friend ROSIE who, last night, had her last post transplant appt with her hospital for the year. She had a broncoscopy and a biopsy done to check if all was 'sparkly' (as she says). I hope that all went well for you Rosie and that your results come back A-OK! *thumbs up* Let me know how it went! Rosie had a double lung transplant a year ago last week and I wish you much continued success!

Tonight I am going to see Dancing with the Stars with my mum and sister!!! I am finally excited about it!! YAY! My mum was sweet this morning and told me before i left for work that I could bring my oxygen with me if i felt like I needed it, or just keep it in the car and use it on the way home if i felt like i needed some. I thought it was sweet that she would make such a gesture and not ignore the fact that I do need it sometimes. I hope our seats aren't up a massive flight of stairs though. Oh well!

I don't have anything else to say at the moment, but i'm sure I will at some point. If that happens, i'll update this Blog Blog.

Have a great day, people.

Bree

No comments: