My Double Lung Transplant

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The (almost) Disappearance of Jenny

Jenny seemed to have disappeared. She didn't show up for break at 10:30, she didn't walk by me at all except once at 9:30, and then she didn't show up at lunch. Even after I sent her about 5 harassing messages questioning her location, i received no response. I began to fear for her. Did Jenny disappear? Did she get swallowed up by the ground and leave no traces of her vanishing behind?(much like those who get swallowed up by sand on the beach like i told her about) Even more intreguing: did Jenny locate the Bunker we beleive is situated somewhere in or around the building?

It's not like I actually got up off my chair and searched for her. Please people, don't give me that much credit. Yes, I was concerned, but I mean....I have email and I tried to reach her that way. But I contemplated getting up and searching for a hole somewhere on the ground that she may just had fallen into.

I went for lunch by myself, as I did for break. I filled myself with ravioli, pudding, and coke, and I had time to think and watch the smog blow across the trees in the distance...

WHERE IN THE CRAP COULD JENNY BE!?! I wondered. Did she just leave and not tell me? I realized it was time to come back to my desk and low and behold who do I see at the counter? JENNY!

Allegedly, she had 'things to do' and couldn't respond to my throngs of emails b/c she wasn't at her desk. I don't know what to believe...I just don't. Yeah we're at work but honestly, who works?

Ok so maybe I'm the only one that doesn't.

Currently, Jenny is outside eating lunch alone, thinking about what she's done.

Onto other harrowing experiences, lastnight I experienced the worst pain I have ever had the displeasure of having. It was at the base of my ribs at the top of my diaphragm. Everytime I took a breath in, it pinched. The more i breathed, the more it hurt. I felt the pain in the center of my back. Omg....am I dying? If i go to bed will i not wake up? What if i suffocate b/c of this pain? I won't sit here and lie - i actually started crying to Krystal on MSN about it.

I tired coughing to make it go away. That made the pain spread. I coughed to the point that i felt a surge and I almost threw up. OH NO! I thought. I CAN'T THROW UP I JUST TOOK MOTRIN! I brushed my teeth and kept coughing. And coughing, and I couldn't stop. And then i felt something dislodge in the pain site. Could it be food stuck in my esophagus and smushed against my diaphragm? I certainly had no appetite after a couple of bites at supper. I made myself cough until i puked.

THE PAIN WENT AWAY! YAY! Out flew a huge peice of hotdog that made a home for itself. I instantly felt better, but i still had some pain, and still do, but it's not horrible the way it was. It was very, very scary. Needless to say, I'm never eating a hotdog again.

Anywho, I have to get back to my postal code duty. Talk later.

No comments: