My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Apparently, reading a book is an invite to be spoken to

Over the last few days, the following things have been said to me:

"What are you doing?"
"Reading Harry Potter."

"Are you finished reading that book yet?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"B/c people like you won't stop talking to me..."

"How's the book coming along...?"
"It would be better if you stopped talking to me so i could actually finish it"

"So today i had the most amazing thing happen...."
*silence*
"...Are you even listening to me?"
..."No actually...i'm reading....but apparently no one can see that so I may as well just stop being so selfish and listen to you gab on"

And so you have it. Why am I not finished reading yet, you ask? B/C PEOPLE WON'T STOP TALKING TO ME!!!

Hopefully when i get home from work, i can prop myself outside in the hot sun and people will leave me alone. But with my luck, my mum will pop up through a window and start talking to me anyway.

No comments: