My Double Lung Transplant

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Forever Young..."

"...I want to be forever young/Do you really want to live forever?/Forever?And ever?"

HAPPY NEWS ON THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 years, my dear dear friend Amy V, who re-located from New Brunswick to await her second double lung transplant, got the call today and went into surgery at 4pm!!!!!!!! Any thoughts and prayers sent her way would be muchly appreciated! She waited long and hard for this and i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, and ironically, today marks 6 years since the passing of my dear friend Karyn. 6 years and i can't believe it. I miss you tons but i know you're up there watching over, and maybe you even had a hand in today's events? As i state every year on this day, Karyn was an organ donor and saved 11 people's lives. Can you define hero for me, please??

In another twist of irony, "Forever Young" was playing on the radio today and i found myself happily (and horribly) singing along to it....Did you have a hand in that too, K? Maybe? There are no coincidences...

"Yearbook write up found, in her pocket, at the accident scene: "Someone once told me, live for what you love, die for what you beleive in, always remember who your friends are, and when the day comes, hold your head up, it's not an end, merely a second start...never stop dreaming, dreams make life bearable. They give you hope and that's exactly what i have...this is my second start."

And i recommend you people go to my side bar and check out Merv Sheppards blog. He outlines the brilliant success Trillium Gift of Life had in 2009, seeing over 200 organ donations made. In Ontario alone, there were 102 lung transplants! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

**FINGER UPDATE**

Middle finger, goo-filled finger popped in the shower the other night, promptly deflating and releasing a steady stream of goo everywhere soon after. The excess skin soon caved in and made a grotesque looking pile on the top of my finger, where it remains, but is hidden beneath a bandaid.

There is no pain. Thank-you for your concern and words of support.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh wow. That yearbook write-up gave me chills.

I'm sending warm thoughts Amy's way. I hope everything goes smoothly!

BreathinSteven said...

"Can you define hero for me, please??"

No need, Bree... You just did.

And thank you for putting a face to a name you bring up quite often...

Hope you're doing well... Sorry about that finger thing - it's a shame it one of the more useful fingers... Love, Steve