My Double Lung Transplant

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

O’Intern, O’Intern, Wherefore Art Thou Intern?

I’ve had some time to think about O’Intern, since we will be meeting again tomorrow. I’m running through a lot of ‘woulda, coulda, shoulda’ in my head since our impromptu meeting at rehab last week. Since I was not anticipating being graced by his presence, I was not at my best. While it is debatable among some to ‘rightness’ of wearing brown with black (as I was); I also was suffering from prednisone face and i had no make-up on. Being fresh out of the hosp, it was not my intent to look good in any capacity (other than keeping my double chin under wraps), so when I was blessed with the vision of O’Intern at point blank, I’m pretty sure i came off as bitchy.

Woulda coulda shoulda!

I know i gave him a dazzling smile, double chin a-blazin’. He told me eagerly that he’d be here next week (tomorrow, now) and the week after. I assured him I would be too, while secretly debating how right it would be to wear make-up while still feeling like i had a vault of illness strapped to my chest.

I hope I haven’t deterred him. I was just so taken aback by the fact that another intern – a good looking, one –who- pays- attention -to -me – intern, was back.

So i guess the game plan tomorrow will be to do what i can, and ask for his help as much as possible; mention i have a phone that’s never used and could be filled with text messages from him should he get bored, and that i have a facebook account that features me in countless photos looking much better than i currently do. And that i have MSN - should things get that far.

That should suffice.

O'Intern!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

I remember not caring about wearing make-up at all. Why bother when feeling so poorly and why waist the energy?
But yeah, when things like 'meetin a cute intern' happen. I would!

Amy said...

:) yay!!