1) A period of waiting; a pause, interval, or delay
-verb (used without object)
1) to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens (often fol. by for, till, or until): to wait for lungs to come
2) (of things) to be available or in readiness: Your life is waiting for you.
3) to remain neglected for a time: you're not that important yet; you can continue to wait, aka HOLD THE FUCK ON
4) to postpone or delay something or to be postponed or delayed: We waited a year and then realized we were still fucked. Your summer may still possibly be ruined.
5) to look forward to eagerly: I'm just waiting for the day when i can get my life back and stop fucking waiting!
So you can see people, those are just a handle of examples that accompany the term 'wait', all of which are true, all of which are felt, all of which follow me everywhere I go, and everything I do.
I AM ALWAYS WAITING.
If i am not waiting for lungs, then I am waiting for a phone call, or a text, or a something. I am waiting for plans to be made and excitement to happen. I am waiting for someone to take a shit, or have a shower, or wake up. I am waiting for someone to decide what to eat for supper, and I am waiting for the next day to come.
Is life but a waiting game?
I know I should focus on what i can control rather than what I can't, but sometimes, the negative aspects outnumber the positive. I find that lately i am more prone to fall into the 'everything sucks' aspect of waiting instead of looking to the positive. This is why i should not be allowed to think, b/c i overthink. And that is a horrible Virgo trait that cripples me severely.
I honestly beleive that after all these shananigans, the mass of waiting will simmer down. Honestly - of that I am sure 100%. But of all the impatient people for waiting to find, it bound itself to me. I can be a patient person when I have to be, but sometimes it sits on your brain like an egg in the sun, and eventually it burns into the tissue and everything goes to mush.
Mush i say!
Whoever invented waiting had a lot of time on their hands.
So boo negativity, hello positive thinking:
"Good things come to those who wait" so i will suck it up, smile, and beleive with certainty that they will:)
And for a personal mantra, thought of by me, with a personal twist, is this:
"Life is but a waiting game: if you think about it too much, eventually it will fuck you"
*big effing TRADEMARK*