My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apparently

I have pneumonia?

Yeah, this is news to me too, I was just as shocked to hear this, and i'm pretty sure i laughed into the phone when my co-ordinator rang my house up 45 minutes ago, and told me the news of the x-rays i had yesterday.

This is ironic. I felt so good on the weekend, and now, pneumonia. This is precisely what baffles me about lung disease. To have lung disease so extensive, that when you're struck down by the hand of pneumonia, you have no idea that you even have it, and you're completely blindsided by the revolation. It's enough to make me laugh.

So i am supposed to start 10 days of Levofloxicin or some shit - some shit put together by mystic unicorns and trolls to clear up a mysterious and sudden case of on-set pneumonia, a type of pneumonia that sneaks up on its ailing victims so fast that they had absolutely no idea what was lurking in the background the whole time.

Genius. Fucking genius.

I don't know if should laugh, cry, or skip in a circle.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You should write another blog about a McPerson ~ any McPersons will do.

Sorry about the Pneumonia. That sucks.

Amy said...

Hmmmm...circles would work...just don't trip on the O2 tubing LOL

Jess said...

Damn. I hope the magical unicorn potion clears it up quick.

I wish they'd just get you some lungs that work already.

Thanks for the pervatosaur link in your last blog, btw. That was freaking genius.