My Double Lung Transplant

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Je suis tired

I can't remember how to say 'tired' in French...so the English word will have to suffice for now.

So I went to see Don yesterday. Physically - and lungally- he's doing great. He's on low sedation and trying to fight it so he's moving around a lot which is good for the lungs. He was a little agitated with fighting the sedation but other than that things are great. His incision looks amazing. It's not inflamed and there's no dry blood anywhere on it. It's a clean cut and the surgeons did a good job. So far, his lungs are liking their new home! So yay!

My parents are up at the cottage for a couple of days so i had some friends over last night. We just hung out and watched movies but it was great. It was just Krystal and Tara and Chantel who came over...Jenna couldn't make it, and Katey is selfishly at her cottage. She will be forgiven at some point in the future for missing my little get together. As a result, I'm exhausted today. My legs feel like rubber..like i can't stand for too long w/o the urge to just fall to the floor and sit. I dunno if it's from standing so much after everyone left and i just hung with Chantel for a bit or what. Either way i had a long day. Got up at 7am to catch the bus...came home at 3:30 and didn't get to bed to 2am. Then i had to get up at 5:45 b/c the Spawn was howling, so i fed the dogs, let them out, waited for them to go pee and such, and went back to bed for 4 more hours. But i'm still exhausted. Ugh.

Luckily i'm alone today and can be as lazy as I like! I plan on sitting here all day in my jammies. I already called the O2 company since i couldn't get around to it yesterday. I need the liquid tank filled. Luckily i did the dishes last night so that's good. The cats, dogs, and fish are all fed. I am not and I am starving. Later on i have to go to the mall but that's not till like...7. I hope.

I saw a bunny lastnight. It dashed in front of my car.

That's about it.
Cheers!

No comments: