My Double Lung Transplant

Sunday, June 1, 2008

I had a dream...

I had a dream the other night... That I was running. It felt amazing, and it was remarkably easy. Even though I was running on the spot, I was fully aware that I had had my transplant already and couldn't beleive how bizarre it felt to just keep going and going and going and not feel the need to stop for fear that my lungs and heart would explode (all over the place). I remember that I didn't feel the need to stop at all and getting short of breath was not an imminent possibility.

Hopefully one day soon this will be the truth.

Yesterday was Sean and Rebekah's wedding! I can honestly say that it was an immaculate, beautiful, and touching ceremony and I tried my hardest to not cry my eyes out. Yes, my eyes got misty a lot and it didn't really hit me that Beka was getting married until we stepped inside the church. She looked gorgeous and so did Sean...it was a perfect ceremony and I didn't cough at all during it! YAY!. The reception was good too. There was a break between the reception and the ceremony so me and the people I went with were famished and went to Eastsides where we ordered a massive pizza and nachos and ate it all....all in time to eat dinner! It was good and I had a lot of fun. I was exhausted by the end of the night but it was worth it. My feet were sore and i drove home barefoot, and we were lucky enough that the weather held out for us and it remained sunny and hot for the entire day.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Alice Vogt said...

I also had those dreams, we spoke about them before. And it really is that easy. Your LEGS do feel like it wants to explode though, but that becomes easier too. Your dream was just a mental preperation for our tx-games next year!!!