My Double Lung Transplant

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wasted

I've officially wasted today away by doing nothing. After the vicious assault launched by distance ed last week (remember that 16 paged paper?) my brain has been on a temporary leave of absense and we've all but read 10 pages for exams.

And I don't care.

My brain doesn't care anymore.

It's gorgeous out though: 14*C and the snow is melting so it's nice. I'm off to a potluck at Jenna's tonight and the luxury item that i'm brining will be dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. No lie. I hope everyone is excited. I hope i'm not the only one who enjoys them also. We'll see.

As you can tell I've had a bit of a lazy week. I feel extremely useless but what else is new. I had rehab Friday and then my regular IV. I have to call the rehab place tomorrow b/c an exam got moved to a day when i have assessments all day so i'll have to get that sorted out. Crap. My nana called today asking about rehab, but she doesn't understand that I havent actually begun it yet, that it's assessments. She keeps asking if I'm listed and wondering if 'someone comes along' if i'll get their lungs. I tell her that I'm not listed and that it doesn't work that way, but she never hears me and just says, "Uh uh!" and there's silence.

I think i have a sinus infection. All I can feel is this 'smell' in my nose...when i breath out i can 'smell' it...it's not an odour come from outside myself but rather, on the inside. Also when I breathe through my mouth i 'smell' it and 'taste' it. It's quite disgusting to be honest. It's so gross that I should probably wear a space helmet to prevent emitting it and giving it to other people. There's nothing grosser than when an infection is so naff that you can actually smell and taste it.

Ew. Fuck.

Whatever. That's all for now. My legs feel tingly when I walk. Joy.

P.S. Grantula is in good spirits; I spoke to him today. He has colon cancer and will have surgery to remove it either Weds or Thurs. I hope they catch it all and I hope it's just an isolated incident. So say a prayer for him that all goes well and they get it all and that it hasn't spread! Thank ya!

1 comment:

Alice Vogt said...

Just don't go kissing too many people!!! (leave that for after tx, when you've got a lot of breath! and energy!) I'm still looking forward to that! Ok maybe that's a bit on an inappropriate comment, whatever, hope the smell goes away! Just eat a lot, that should help, lol!