My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, January 21, 2008

Omg Omg Omg Omg

Omg Omg Omg Omg.

*breathe*

*breahte*

*breathe*

Ok. Ok. Ok.

*sucks on O2*

Let me begin! As linked yesterday, Alice just informed me that SHE GOT THE CALL FOR LUNGS! AHH! I'm so excited for you Alice and I hope it's the real thing!

If you didn't check out the link to Alice's blog (which is rude if you didn't! http://livinglifebreathlessly.blogspot.com/), Alice is all the way over in South Africa and has been waiting for lungs for 9 months. The system in South Africa is very different than it is here in Canada and the US. Alice was actually going to head to the tx center in Florida next month, b/c another woman from South Africa was waiting in Fla for lungs....however, if this woman didn't get the call by Feb, she was going to go back to SA and resume her wait there. By returning to SA, it means Alice could fly to Fla and wait for lungs instead!

Ironically, just today Alice told me that the SA woman in Fla got lungs last night and was uber bummed. This meant that Alice going to Fla was most like a no-go. She even sent an email to TGH to see if they'd take a foreigner. But luckily enough, ALICE GOT THE CALL TODAY! She sent the msg to me on MSN at 8:54pm my time (eastern) which means she got the call at 3:54am South African time.

YAY ALICE! I am so so so happy for you and I hope and pray this is the real thing! You deserve it girl!!! I await your return!!!

Hugs,
Bree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for mentioning Alice - she's my best friend, and I'm so scared for her right now! i've known her for forever, since we were 10 yrs old - and she so deserves these lungs, you have no idea!
i love your blog, btw, have been following it with Alice ...