My Double Lung Transplant

Monday, December 10, 2007

Another one...

I had another one. A another transplant dream that is.

Why i'm having so many, I don't really know. All i know is that they're beautiful and the best feeling i've ever had. This is my second transplant dream since last week.

This time, again, I got my transplant. Before it I remember finding out that the top portions of my lungs don't work anymore (which I think is actually true, or feels anyway). I vividly remember 'waking up' and being able to breathe fully. I remember the sensation of my lungs filling up with air and refreshing my body. I felt like I could do anything. I could dance again. Nothing was a struggle; nothing was a set back.

I remember showing people my incision. I remember it slightly opened up b/c i lifted my arms too high ( something I have wondered about often). I remember being listed and waiting a month.

I remember a lot.
I hope for it to one day come true.
I hope to one day dance again.
I hope to one day just breathe in fully.

I hope...

1 comment:

BreathinSteven said...

Hey You!!!

I had a few dreams while I waited too... I hope yours are images of things to come, like mine seemed to be...

I work on a trading floor -- and incredibly large room -- you've probably seen pictures of the New York Stock Exchange or other trading floors... I've been there for 28 years now, but I took a little three year "vacation" while I was down-for-the-count waiting for my call...

Before I left work I was on oxygen -- I remember carefully planning my moves... Walking to the restroom was a 10-15 minute journey, even though it was at most a few hundred feet...

While I waited, I remember waking up from a vivid dream where I was briskly strutting across the trading floor -- and a pace I'd never known. It wasn't "special", it just happened -- like it was nothing at all... But when I woke up, it seemed kinda amazing...

I've lived out that dream now -- and I'm lucky that it still seems kinda amazing, Bree... I'll still catch myself walking briskly somewhere and stop and think for a moment, "Holy Crap!!! Is this cool..." It's been eight years and I still stop and think for a moment quite often...

I hope it comes true for you, Bree... I hope you dance again -- I know you will... And I can't wait for you to feel what it's like to breathe fully!!!

Hang in there, Buckaroo! Let's see some dreams come true...

Love,

Steve