My Double Lung Transplant

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

If life were a beach...



Today i want nothing more than to be on a beach somewhere, ass-planted either on the sand or in the water. I don't want to be cooped up inside an office at a desk, entering postal codes all day long. While my job isn't horrible, it's much better suited for winter-time, when you don't want to even look out the window let alone be outside. Next summer, i think i will apply at a beach somewhere...

Right now i want nothing more than to be drunk out of my mind in the water at Sauble, where the waves are high and they crash into you with such force that you get knocked over. I'd float around like a cow on a dingy and let the undercurrent pull me out to sea (although i'm truely scared of that happening b/c it happened to a relative of mine in the 1920's). I'd wade out as far as i could go b/c Sauble has endless sandbars and just sit there for hours on end and forget about everything. I'd get endless tans (ok, i don't tan we all know that. I'd become be-freckled) and just bask in the sunshine and happiness that is Sauble Beach. I'd make frequent trips to the Fry stand (the best fries since 1945 people!), and i'd run away from the seaguls who invade it. Sometimes when these seaguls tame themselves after their excitement, you can feed them these fries, but then they don't leave you alone so i guess it's not a good idea. I remember when we were kids we'd go and feed them bread. Once, my sister's friend's dad had to give a seagul the hymlick b/c it swallowed a peice that was too big. What a hero.

What else would i do at Sauble? I'd go into every single shop and buy pointless things (last summer i bought my Sauble Beach sweatpants! YAY!). Too bad they got rid of the t-shirt making place b/c that was a lot of fun as a kid. I'd buy crappy jewelery and visit my old cottage, and go to DQ beside Home Hardware. I'd walk around the sand covered streets barefoot like everyone else, and wouldn't think twice about it being 'sanitary' b/c everyone else is having too good a time to care. I'd visit the psychic and also go to places i havent been to before...

Oh Sauble....i love you.

*coughLETSGOTOSAUBLETHISWEEKENDPEOPLEcough*





No comments: