My Double Lung Transplant

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gah

Gah.

I sit here, with a raging headache that makes it feel like my head will fall off. My head feels like a bobbing balloon and I get waves of dizziness. It's just like Christmas day where I was dizzy for the whole entire day for some mysterious reason.

It probably means i should wear my O2 more often (like all day).

I feel like i've blogged twice in one day but I technically havent. I blogged late lastnight/early this morning but whatever.

I was talking with another transplant person today - or rather, the support person. They said their spouse has a huge pain issue as well, and I'm beginning to think it's not just me who's been spontaneously blessed with crippling lung pain. Any transplantee's who read this blog, tell me, did you ever have such a huge issue with pain as I do? I know it's all situational and completely individual but I'd still like to know.

Tomorrow I will reach my 8 month mark of being listed. I have almost been listed double the time I was when I got my call back in September. Crazy eh? I don't really know what to think - if anything should even be thought of it. For the most part I don't think of it or dwell on it which I think is imperitive. If it's all I thought of I would most likely sit beside the phone and jump every time it rang.

Tomorrow I am going to make an appt to get my hair done. That will pass the time nicely and rob me of some more money that I know I shouldn't spend. At least I have a gift card for the place I go to so that helps nicely.

Other than that I'm reading a new book, The Sylph. When I bought it yesterday i needed help looking for it and made the mistake of asking the Chapters worker if he "had The Syph", (unintentially omitting the 'l' like only I would do.)

It was completely redolent of the time when I couldn't find A Breathe of Snow and Ashes and I screamed when the Chapters worker found it for me.

They probably think I am insane.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wear your O2!! :)

<3

Alice Vogt said...

Yeah, wear the O2!!!! I didn't have lung pain, but sometimes pulled a rib muscle or something cos of coughing!!! ugh... may you also get your lungs in the 8th month like I did!!!!!