My Double Lung Transplant

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nothing

There's nothing to do today.

Nothing. I'm going to Jenna's at 7 with the girlies to have a Tudors night (oh Sir Charles Brandon...mmm) but that's about it. Rumor has it my sister's bf may be coming for supper, and it's still debatable as to whether or not i will make myself presentable for such occasion. Only time will tell.

I called in and ordered a 'script for an antibiotic. One aptly named Tetracyclin aka Something That Looks like Poison. The capsils are yellow and orange and somehow scream out 'BIOHAZARD' to me when i look at them. I cannot take them with food; i cannot eat dairy, vitamins, anacids, or anything with Zinc prior to or after consuming the pills. The pills must be taken with a full glass of water and I have to take 2 pills 4 times a day.

Yes. You read that right. 2 pills 4 times a day.

I must have them on an empty stomach or take them 2-3 hours after eating.

It seems impossible doesn't it? I have to keep this shit up for 14 days. I feel like i'm pretty much going to be unable to eat, and will wither away to nothing and most likely die from starvation. And i have a strong inkling that taking these for 14 days will pretty much do nothing for me. You could blast these lungs with steriods from a light beam and they wouldn't get better.

I'm not a fan of water. It makes me feel sick when i drink large quantities in a short amount of time. It makes me pee alot and feel bloated. Oh well. Other than that i'm happy.

Yesterday was spent at my aunt Kathryn's 65th b-day. My other aunt, Pam (her sister) decorated the front of Kathryn's house with 65 bras in celebration. How such a feat was accomplished remains a mystery, since my cousin's husband Allan assured everyone that they were drunk before they did it and time went by really quickly. It sounds like they had fun.

There's nothing really to blog about. I'm just letting everyone know that I'm still here.

1 comment:

Alice Vogt said...

Gald you're still with us ;-) Flippen hell, those pills DO sound impossible.... I often ignore all those 'eating rules'.... It's bad, I know...